They say that “East or West, home is best.” And it’s really true that the comfort of home is like none other. Home is the place where you feel most yourself, the place where you can relax and wear sweats all day and where you can relive precious memories with loved ones. As you age, then, it makes perfect sense that you’d want to remain in your home for as long as possible. Sadly, though, health concerns and physical limitations can make it more difficult to live in the house that you’ve lived in for years.
Some potential difficulties for San Mateo seniors living in the comfort of home
- Stairs – If you live in a home with upstairs bedroom(s), this could make it harder to stay where you are if you need to use a wheelchair, walker or have other mobility issues.
- Bathroom – Your bathroom may need some adjustments as you get older. A walk-in tub or shower is much easier for San Mateo seniors to access versus a traditional bathtub. Also, handlebars next to the toilet can make it much easier to get up after sitting down.
- Driveway / Entryway – Can you park your car close to the front door or is it hard to access the comfort of home? This can make it more treacherous for seniors to get in and out of their homes, especially in inclement weather and related issues like snow and ice.
Thankfully, an in home care caregiver can help you navigate many issues related to living at home in San Mateo. NuevaCare’s in home care experts can develop a custom plan that will enable you or your senior to stay in the comfort of home for as long as possible. Because it’s the place you want to stay in!
What do in home care services in San Mateo include?
- Companionship – Living at home can be lonely, but we offer caregiver support that will give you the friendly face you need (playing board games or even just enjoying someone to talk to). We’ll also accompany you if needed to run errands or go on doctor appointments.
- Meal Preparation – One big challenge to living in your San Mateo home is daily meal prep. NuevaCare in home care services can include cooking, baking and cleanup duties around the kitchen. This alone might make it possible for you or your senior to live in the comfort of home for a much longer time!
- Medication Reminders – In home care is non-medical support for you or your senior. This means that, although NuevaCare caregivers can’t prescribe or change your pills, we can remind you which ones need to be taken and help you keep track of medications. This is very important, especially if you’re taking a variety of meds at all different times of the day.
Anyway, if you’re a San Mateo senior looking to remain in the comfort of home for as long as possible, check out NuevaCare for superb in home care!